Munford High School was originally located on the current site of Munford City Hall. The first class graduating from Munford High School was in 1930. The current location at 1080 McLaughlin Drive was opened in 1983 and has undergone numerous expansions and additions due to the increased growth.
The school mascot is the Cougar, adopted in 1983. Previous mascots include the Black Cat and Tiger. Munford High School is noted in West Tennessee for its diverse academic offerings, high quality teachers, and its commitment to athletics and the arts, most notably its Nationally acclaimed band and its agricultural department, regarded by some to be one of the best in Tennessee.
Munford High School will strive to educate all students to the highest level in order to make them successful and productive individuals in society.